Here's the quick run down on my favorite products I've tried over the last couple years broken down by category.
1. Schmidt Deodorant
I love Schmidt's activated charcoal deodorant. It has a really clean, mild scent and keeps me from stinking even when doing HIIT workouts. I have fairly sensitive skin and this has been super easy on me.
2. I also loved using Lush's Aromaco deodorant. It's package free, non-toxic, and I really liked the smell. It's just a bar, so it took me some adjusting to get used to the application, but once I did I loved it. If you want to give it a try, my recommendation is to wipe down one side with your thumb or a wash cloth to smooth it and warm it up before applying. Lush employees can also give you some pointers.
3. Lush's Brazilliant shampoo bar. Smells amazing and is great on crazy curls like mine. Dry after each use and store in a clean, dry place to extend its life.
4. Good ole bar soap. I've used the GOOD brand that is sold at the Wedge Coop and Whole Foods. You can buy it package free. It comes in several scents and lasts a long time.
5. Safety Razor. I'm not partial to a particular brand, but just safety razor's in general. Check out my post on the how to's of safety razor for more details.
I honestly haven't yet tried any zero waste makeup products that I've loved, so the ones listed below aren't waste free, but they are non-toxic and thoughtful companies.
1. Mineral Fusion's mascara. The coverage is awesome without being flaky or smudgy. Non-toxic and great quality.
2. Beauty Counter's cream blush. This is one of my few luxury products (not in my daily routine, but a favorite for special occasions or for when I want to feel a little more put together). It lasts forever because you only need a tiny bit. You can also wear it on your lips and probably even as eye color if you wanted. I have the hibiscus color and love it.
3. Beauty Counter's eyeliner. I love their liquid eyeliner. It doesn't smudge, goes on smooth and is non-toxic. It's one of my daily wears.
4. W3ll People products. I've tried their foundation, eyeliner, and concealer (all which I found on super clearance by luck). The eyeliner applicator is a little too wide for me, but the liner itself is awesome. I love the concealer and the foundation stick is nice for warm days when I just want a light layer of coverage. Most (if not all) their products are cruelty-free, plant-based, certified organic, and certified gluten-free.
1. Plaine Products lotion. I haven't tried any of their other products yet, but I love their lotion. The smell is amazing and its really moisturizing without being heavy or excessively oily. Comes in a stainless steel container that you can refill when it's empty or have a subscription where you get a new one and send in the empty container to be reused.
2. Homemade tooth powder or Redmond's Peppermint toothpowder with charcoal. I tried Redmond's to see if it would be one to recommend to those who aren't able or willing to make their own. I have loved it. It's really similar to the recipe I use myself. It comes in a plastic container that is recyclable. It has a good flavor and is easy to use. Just wet your toothbrush head, dip it in the powder and brush away.
3. For baby: honest company products are gold. Although I often just use what I have myself since I use only non-toxic stuff anyway.